Superannuation can be the most tax-effective method of saving (depending on your age and circumstances). Superannuation funds enjoy a lower tax rate on their earnings so your own earnings, put into your super, get taxed more favourably than they would if you invested without the tax breaks that investing in super offers.
You may have funds invested in an external superannuation fund but one of the better ways to take control of your retirement is by having your own Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) that can be used as an investment vehicle.
With your own SMSF, you can plan for your future more effectively and take advantage of tax concessions to grow your wealth. There are many ways of investing legally using your SMSF to help to fast-track your retirement savings.
As a Trustee of an SMSF, though, you need to be fully aware of the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (Cth) and the accompanying Regulations.
Our team is experienced in opening and managing SMSFs, with the focus always on tax-effectiveness, protection of assets and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
As part of our Superannuation services, we:
- Help you to establish the Fund and transfer assets into the fund.
- Advise you and other trustees of your obligations and responsibilities.
- Assist with fund compliance.
- Prepare annual accounts, the annual tax return for the fund, trustees’ minutes and all other required statutory documentation.
- Monitor your fund to ensure there aren’t any contraventions.
- Audit your SMSF. (Audit charges from as little as $275 a year.)
We are ATO-approved auditors and often work for other accountants who aren’t qualified to provide this service themselves or whose circumstances don’t allow them to conduct an efficient and compliant audit.